Early Learning at Garden SchoolClick here to see the Garden School Kindergarten Weekly Schedule 2017. This is where it all starts. A child entering nursery school, a pre-K program, or kindergarten is taking his or her first steps along an educational path that will continue through high school and beyond. At Garden School, we take those steps seriously while our youngest learners laugh with joy and express wonder through play, hands-on experience, and the building blocks of more formalized learning.
Our teachers are there at every turn, conveying the building blocks of education but also providing encouragement, confidence-building moments, and reading- and math-readiness. Woven in throughout the day are invaluable lessons on sharing, cooperation, friendship, and reflecting on how our own behavior affects those around us.
Program FeaturesNursery, pre-K, and kindergarten classrooms are led by experienced head teachers who are knowledgeable in the field of Early Childhood Education. Additional teachers and assistant teachers provide small group and individual instruction.
- Half or full-day nursery program for 2 and 3 year olds
- Full-day pre-kindergarten for 3 and 4 year olds
- Full-day kindergarten for 5 year olds
- Licensed by NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene-Bureau of Day Care
- Highly enriched after-school program available until 6 P.M.
- Classes have one core teacher and one assistant teacher
- Phonetic Reading Program with children’s literature integrated throughout the curriculum
- Mathematics manipulatives program and hands-on science activities
- Social studies lessons including map skills and cultural appreciation
- Language Institute – Beginning Mandarin twice per week taught by a specialist teacher
- Daily physical education in gymnasium taught by specialized teachers and classroom teacher
- Music and movement classes four times a week taught by specialist teacher
- Art activities integrated throughout program
- Socialization activities with classroom centers
- Outdoor play space and organic planting garden
- SmartBoard technology to illustrate lessons
- Neighborhood and local field trips supporting classroom instruction
- Full-time Registered Nurse
- Breakfast, snacks and hot lunch available
- Garden School buses offering door-to-door transportation